Saturday, August 16, 2008

July 2nd

July 2nd
Scott and Emily has meeting with us before we left for Lake Atilan. They were meeting with us to discuss and general review of how we thought the trip and everything was going. We talked about just where I’m at and they gave me compliments life: that I reminded them of the post-modern church, that I had this way of being able to give an insight into what each situation means as far as God and how He is working with it. That I did a really good job of including people and that I was good at bringing people up and being positive about the situation. But the thing they said was really unique and not to loose was the insight because not everyone has that. Everyone in the group had these meetings with them. My challenge was Claudia, because of how I’d said I’d had the biggest difficulity with really feeling like I wanted to include her and everyone but it was really difficult because I have a hard time understanding what she is saying and communicating altogether with her and also feeling connected with her. Scott and Emily told me that I’d be surprised how alike we actually are; so they told me to challenge myself and find alternative ways of talking with her. I didn’t tell them about my frustration with Maddai and how I felt like she is this person that I’m so jealous of because I feel like she is leading this life I wish I were leading. Instead I decided to write them letters.
Then we went to Lake Atilan and it was so wonderful and amazing and I conquered another fear and went kayaking. Lindsey and I shared a room together for 3 days, we were perfect roommates. We went kayaking or boating in the mornings and shopping in the afternoons. We had live entertainment our first night in Atilan and went to this really nice, open restaurant and there was a woman performing on the street, spinning a who-la-hoop around her neck and there were other people playing drums for her act and then inside the restaurant later people played the guitar and sang. And they were cute! It was a fun trip. When we went shopping it poured, so we were pretty limited to a market that was under cover, though it was still fun, I bought a skirt and some things for my family.

No comments: