Wednesday, August 27, 2008

July 11th

July 11, 2008

This was the first official day in San Fran with the Chicago team and it was a busy one! We had Children’s ministries going, work and witness and evangelism. Being on the work and witness team, I continued to paint and when I had a free couple minutes, I walked over to the park and played some games with the kids.
Kurt (from the Chicago team) decided he wanted to be on work and witness and Debbie was on the children’s team and Beth on the evangelism team. It was definitely something I’d never experienced before, because Kurt didn’t speak a lick of Spanish. I was at loss. I realized I had to translate for him and man I think for most of trip I lead onto not knowing as much Spanish I as spoke today. Oh my goodness! All of the work and witness team are Spanish speakers, except for Kurt and I…but it was so amazing and so different to not be the one who knew the least amount of Spanish and be able to teach someone some Spanish. It was such an awesome experience, I’m glad I’m on this team and to think that I wanted to get a break from it (the Spanish speaking – by being on work and witness), I love this!
We ate lunch at a lady from the church’s house and it was so good! After that we went back to working, while others went to evangelize. Lindsey told me that she did the cube for a little girl and she excepted Christ! I’m so excited for her! She is doing so many wonderful things in God’s plan and I’m so thankful for her, I can’t believe she thinks she isn’t good with kids. Then after dinner that night we set up for the Jesus Film and started it around 630 p.m. There were quite a few people and I got to talk to a few children and some adults. It was a good day overall and we were all ready for bed. We walked up to the hotel which was about 5 blocks from the park and all got our room assignments and keys. Maddai and I roomed together and I was like what are you thinking Kendra (who did the room assignments); I told her I wouldn’t wake up because I would think I was dreaming in Spanish! We got to talking a lot more though, I talk to her in Spanish and she talks to me in English, it’s working pretty well. Our showers are interesting, but Maddai said that she has showered in a lot worse; its kind of like a spiket, its different, but its ok.
It was fun to have something different, and oh boy we were so tired it didn’t matter where we slept. I’m glad I had a place to lay my head for the night.

No comments: