Saturday, August 16, 2008

July 4th

July 4th
We came back home today to have a BBQ at Scott and Emily’s. Julio, Alicia, Ronnie joined us as well and we asked Scott if we were getting fireworks but he said he hadn’t gotten any. It was neat cook the meal with Emily and celebrate my country’s birthday in another country. Kendra was talking about how she hadn’t celebrated the 4th of July in America in years; I decided I would be ok with that if that was my future. I haven’t missed much of the U.S. since I’ve been gone, I think God has created me to be the kind of person that is ok with being away for a long time without missing, especially if it’s doing His work. After dinner we were surprised when Julio brought out a bag of fireworks and we all got an opportunity to go a little crazy. It was fun and would have been very illegal in the U.S. (as far as the kind of fireworks that we had). We sang our national anthem and the Mexicans even got festive for us. Ronnie and Alicia said it was fun for them to be able to celebrate this fun holiday with their brothers and sisters in Christ. I agree, it was.

No comments: