Wednesday, August 27, 2008

July 15th

July 15, 2008

We woke up early to get to Santa Ana for breakfast around 8 a.m. We had an awesome breakfast all together at the Church there which consisted of plantains, cream, beans, queso and of course no meal is complete without corn tortillas. Then we left for the forty-five minute ride to Cofra Dia, rocky ride might I add. The work-and-witness team got to work right away finishing up the painting of the school, organizing the classrooms back in order and some of the men went off and made a roof for the dining hall close to the school. The others (in the children’s ministry team)-Kendra, Juan, Mehir, Leslie, Beth and Debbie-set up crafts and began playing games with the 60 children that had come! Kendra was the presenter, I was so excited for her! And Leslie was Cometa! How wonderful!
I went evangelizing with Catherine and Mother Theresa and Franklin was off with his girlfriend and then we saw her later in the afternoon and she was like he is coming soon, we never saw him. It was really fun to hang out with them and in the early morning Claudia came with us too. We had this really powerful time of prayer with these people in a house where we bought these clay houses and they gave us these clay pots for free. Then we had a powerful time of prayer and there was lots of crying and healing, it was beautiful. After that we walked around a bit more and talked with and witnessed to a lot more people today than yesterday, which was good. I don’t feel like yesterday we wasted time, I think we did what God wanted and fellowshipped with His people, I’m realizing a lot lately how much fellowshipping really matters in the Kingdom of God.
Then we went to lunch up at the house. The lunch was hot right off the fire with cafĂ© so it was so wonderful! After lunch we took more people to buy clay houses, they were only $1.50. After that my ankle was hurting so I stayed back which I was disappointed about but I needed to be there for the service at 3 p.m. and I helped out the children’s ministry. It was weird not being a clown.
At the church service there were 76 people in this small building that was actually Franklin’s office where he built his clay houses he sold. This building wasn’t actually the church building, they didn’t have a building, they just had a house, but this was bigger than the place they have for the house. This was a bit more intimate and comforting, I could feel the presence of God so much!
We had the order of service planned, but they went according to how they wanted which was ok with me, I knew that it was however they wanted it and I was completely happy about that, its like God has just changed my attitude about that. We did however have a special song prepared in Spanish and English and we were asked to sing. Then many people of the church gave their testimonies and it was great to see what God has been doing in the hearts and lives of the people of the little village of Cofra Dia. We also got to sing “Machcalo” in the service and dance! I love that all the kids sing so loud, it has to be my favorite, they are encourage to sing and scream the words, I love to head them worship the Lord. Then we prayed together and sang one last song and said our goodbyes. They were such hospitable people and so ready to serve; I know that I learned a lot from their attitudes and the children were so ready to learn and know more about Jesus. After we left and made our way back to the seminary we just fell asleep. We got back and once again, the ladies had dinner ready for us! Then we just took showers and got ready for the next busy day, our last for ministry that we have been used to all summer…

No comments: