Wednesday, August 27, 2008

July 10th

July 10, 2008

Today I want to give a shout-out to Esther because today is HER BIRTHDAY! Feliz cumpleanos mi amiga! We went again to San Fran to finish getting it ready for the next three days we would be there constantly. We finished scraping and prepping the walls and actually started painting. I am on the Work and witness team, so today we really worked and I got to talk to Claudia a lot more than I ever had! I guess Scott and Emily’s challenge is happening We played more with children as well. It was a good day! That night the food committee, which is Maddai, Claudia, Mehir and I went shopping with Scott to get food for dinner at the mall nearby and it fun. The malls are kind of like in the U.S. but kind of different too. We ended getting stuff to make Baleadas in the kitchen and when we got back we got right to work on making them. The Chicago team got in right around when dinner was ready and we were so excited to meet them! Their names are Debbie, Kurt and Beth. We all ate together, then Lindsey and the rest of the food committee came out with a big chocolate cake with exactly 25 candles on it for Esther! It was so fun! We got to talk to Beth and Debbie a little bit that night, but we were all so tired and needed our rest for the next week to come, so we went to bed shortly after that. Not before playing cards of course! And Kendra helped me translate a letter to Maddai into Spanish. Kendra said it was a good letter and was really touched by it. I’m glad I wrote it.
It was a good day!

No comments: